Yana Ibrahim will be conducting Postnatal Fitness Classes and Community Yoga classes in San Francisco’s Excelsior District, starting in February 2016.
Here’s the Class listing and Descriptions:
POSTNATAL FITNESS San Francisco :
Trainer: Yana Ibrahim
Contact Info: Email Yana@XodusFitness.com or text 415-999-5615
Cost: $15 per class
Why train with Yana after birth?
Pregnancy brings many physiological, mental and emotional changes to the body. Training with someone who is knowledgeable about the pregnant/postpartum body is essential. After 10 months of extreme change in the body, the postpartum body has to heal and regain stability, strength and vitality. The focus in postpartum training is to address strength and stability issues in the core and pelvic floor muscles. It also feels good to move and increase circulation in the body. Key areas that we focus on is pelvic floor conditioning, abdominal recovery and increasing cardiorespiratory fitness.
Benefits of participating in group exercise postpartum
- Regain core strength and stability
- Reduction in back and shoulder injury from carrying baby by learning correct lifting techniques and improving upper body strength
- Reduction of stress & increase mood
- Speed up post-birth recovery
- Increase in much-needed energy
- Helps to reduce postnatal depression
- Create a community of mothers/babies
COMMUNITY YOGA San Francisco
Contact info: Email Yana@yogawithyana.com or Text 415-999-5615
Day: Sunday (starts Sunday Feb 6th)
Cost: $12 per class
Why practice Yoga with Yana?
- No judgement. All levels of practice are welcome.
- I work with you, I meet my students where they are at in their practice.
- A properly sequenced class that starts with centering, breathing, sun salutations, standing postures, seated postures, supine postures and deep relaxation at the end.
- I offer explanation of the purpose of each posture.
- I teach my students the importance of breath in yoga and in their daily lives.
- You will feel invigorated with a bounce in your step, ready to take on the day!
Yoga Instructor’s Bio: Yana Ibrahim is a certified personal trainer with American Council on Exercise (ACE) and is a certified Level 1 Prenatal Yoga Teacher with MamaTree. She is classically trained in Hatha Yoga and received her 200HR Yoga Instructor certification through SVYASA Yoga Institute. She has a Bachelor Degree in Exercise & Sports Science (Edith Cowan University). Yana draws on her many years of working with prenatal & postnatal women and also being a mother herself. She is also a certified birth and postpartum doula. She is also the co-owner of Xodus Fitness. Xodus Fitness provides personal training, group fitness training, bootcamps, yoga, corporate wellness programs all over San Francisco.