Doula in SF
“Imagine what it feels like to feel confident going into labour and welcoming your baby in a supportive & loving environment”
People have different wants and needs when it comes to giving birth. My role as your birth doula is to help you navigate and explore all the different options out there and help you make well-informed choices.
As your doula, I will honor your birth vision and personal beliefs with no judgement. This is your birth and this is your baby.
Hi! I am Yana and I am a birth and postpartum doula, a yoga teacher, a personal trainer and also a fellow mama. I am a Singaporean living in San Francisco with my husband and son. My son’s birth is an integral part to why I am a doula. Giving birth to him has been such a transformative experience that I feel like I was reborn. It is as if I see the world from a different pair of lens once I become a mother.
As soon I found out I was expecting, I became more aware of everything that is happening inside and outside my body. Like every mother out there, I wanted the best for my child even before he was born. I believe in birth stories and I believe that every child born into this world deserve to have supportive, loving and warm hands to welcome them. My experience giving birth, breastfeeding and mothering have further fueled my passion for this work. I want to empower you by providing emotional, informational support and physical comfort. I will be very honored to support your birth.
Certified Postpartum Doula through Cornerstone Doula Trainings
Certified Birth Doula through Cornerstone Doula Trainings
Homebirth training through Cornerstone
B.S. degree in Exercise & Sports Science from Edith Cowan University (Australia)
Certified Personal Trainer through American Council on Exercise (ACE)
Prenatal & Postnatal Specialist Training through ACE
Certified 200-HR Yoga Teacher through SVYASA Yoga Institute
Certified Level 1 Prenatal Yoga Teacher through Mama Tree
Studies have shown that births that have a Doula in attendance are:
- Less likely to have cesarean birth
- Less likely to request pain relieving drugs
- Less likely to require forceps/vacuum extractions during vaginal delivery
- Less likely to describe their birth as a negative experience
What I offer?
I blend my training as a yoga teacher, prenatal/postnatal training specialist and birth doula to support the mother in cultivating a deeper intuitive relationship with her body. This can be done through relaxation/comfort techniques such as yoga breathing, movement practice, heat, touch and acupressure.
I am your personal birth trainer that will help you create a realistic birth plan to reach your goals. I will be there to coach and cheer you on as you make this amazing journey.
Your body already knows how to give birth to this baby. I am here to help you relax and keep your oxytocins flowing.
Birth Package (Current Sliding scale Fees $600-$800)
- Pre-birth planning consultations to relieve stress and fear: 2 x 90 minute sessions
- 100% support from start to finish: via phone/ email anytime, in-person during labor
- Prenatal Yoga/Birth Breathing: 1 x 50 minute session
- Postpartum home visit to help you process the birth, family’s adjustment check-in and provide referrals/ resources: 1 X 90 minute session
- 24-hour on-call 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks after the due date
- Attendance at birth until baby is born and until 1-2 hours after delivery
- Pictures/Video of your birth and new family (if desired)
- Community referrals for birth, mama and baby related needs
Postpartum care (Current Fees: $30/hour with minimum of 10 service hours)
- Help promote bonding & attachment with your newborn
- Provide support for healing & recovery post-birth
- Prepare nourishing food & organize nourishment support for mama
- Help with breastfeeding issues
- Assisting with newborn care such as diapering, bathing, and comforting
*Personalized packages are available upon request.
Other services available:
Birth Plan Facilitating: $80
- 90 minutes in person
- Discussion on pros and cons of birth procedures and options
- Design a Visual Birth Plan
- Edits after reviewing with your care provider
- PDF copy will be emailed to you If you decide later to hire Yana as your Birth Doula, the fee for Birth Plan Facilitating will go towards your Birth Package.
Service Area: Currently only offering services to families in San Francisco.
I offer doula services to families within San Francisco.
FREE Consultation (no obligation!)
Let’s schedule a time to meet and find out our compatibility.
Please include in your email:
- Your name
- Your email
- Partner’s name
- Partner’s email
- Estimated Due Date
- Phone and best time to call you
- Which part of the city you live in?
- Where do you plan on giving birth?
- Who is your doctor or midwife?
- What services are you interested in?
- How did you hear about me?
- Please tell me how I can best support your birth and/or postpartum period?